Saje Natural Wellness is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have created over 500 products that are sold exclusively through our own growing retail locations and eCommerce channel. Our goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using 100% natural ingredients in our products. Saje Natural Wellness is growing rapidly with plans to have 200+ stores by 2020 throughout North America.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and with awesome growth we are looking for A-players to join our team who are enthusiastic about natural wellness and want to share this passion with the world!
Our culture is sacred to us. We have built an environment that fosters people, wellness and of course awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Do you have a passion for details and love ensuring people get paid? Are you a progressive, tech-savvy payroll professional who is passionate about growth and wellness? If so keep reading.
We are looking for an awesome Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our expanding Finance team. The position will report to the Payroll & Benefits Manager and support the entire organization in executing payroll, benefits and much more!
- Assist in managing and maintaining the payroll and HR system, as well as employee self-service system
- Assist in managing and maintaining the online expenses claim system
- Assist in maintaining and processing weekly payroll, as well as additions and deductions, ensuring that costs are allocated to the correct cost centre
- Process new hires and departures in the retail POS system and payroll system and maintain confidential personnel records
- Coordinate new hire and departure process and respond to staff inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Assist with overseeing the benefit plan enrollment and termination, reconciling monthly benefit invoice and balance statement, reviewing benefit plan and making recommendations on changes
- Provide support for the setup of new retail locations
- Obtain and maintain payroll accounts, Health Tax account, as well as WCB accounts for all provinces
- Help to create and implement operating procedures for all payroll, benefit and insurance processes
- Support management by providing reports as requested
- 2+ years’ experience of full cycle payroll in progressive positions
- Working knowledge of health benefits programs
- Knowledge of employment laws relating to stats, leaves and overtime pay across Canada
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize, plan, organize and multitask in a fast paced, high-level growth environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build trusting relationships with ease
- Ability to analyze challenges proactively and brainstorm solutions to effectively complete the tasks
- Extremely accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel, HRIS systems and QuickBooks
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Work well under pressure and in a fast growing environment
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
Reports to the Senior Manager of Payroll and Benefits, and interacts with team members company wide