Saje Natural Wellness is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have created over 500 products that are sold exclusively through our own growing retail locations and eCommerce channel. Our goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using 100% natural ingredients in our products. Saje Natural Wellness is growing rapidly with plans to have 200+ stores by 2020 throughout North America.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and with awesome growth we are looking for A-players to join our team who are enthusiastic about natural wellness and want to share this passion with the world!
Our culture is sacred to us. We have built an environment that fosters people, wellness and of course awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
As Saje’s awesome Store Designer you will provide design support, direction and leadership to elevate the Customer Experience and support the Director of Store Design in the creation of more beautiful Saje stores across Canada and the US!
- Concept and execute innovative designs for key in-store initiatives, product launches and environmental programs
- Understand and apply Saje’s architecture and interior detail standards into design plans for new Saje stores and any stores being refreshed
- Support the Director of Store Design to develop site specific designs, including the continued development of design standard guidelines
- Work with purchasing team on selection of decorative lighting and furnishings
- Collaborate with cross functional departments from start to finish (real estate, construction, operations, finance, brand and merchandising)
- Liaise with Real Estate and Retail team to create and manage store dates, timelines and expectations
- Planning of spaces and programming of layouts for new and existing Saje stores
- Review of architectural drawing sets through schematic design, design development and construction
- Selection of light fixtures, furniture, finishes, art and décor
- Review and coordinate architectural and MEP drawings
- Collaborate on the design of storefronts suitable for each community in malls, lifestyle centers and street locations
- Space plan stores based on standard assortment grades and department productivity
- Develop new designs, manage concept and millwork development drawings
- Take on special projects assigned by Director of Store Design when needed
- Ensures the completion of team deliverables
- Stays current in functional expertise
- Live a life dedicated to wellness and inspire others to do the same
- BA/BS degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or equivalent
- Experience in the retail space much desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch-Up
- Understanding of proportion and scale to translate ideas, forms and functions into cohesive design concepts
- Excellent ability to create, understand and translate three dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills suited to working with groups in a fast paced environment
- Organized and analytical, with keen attention to detail
Reporting to the Director of Store Design