Body Care Products We Think You’re Going to Love
Lotions and body butters and bath salts – oh my!
INTRODUCING SOME OF OUR BEST-SELLING BODY CARE PRODUCTS
We spend so much time and effort on our facial skincare routines. We research ingredients and we compare brands; does it make you wonder why we don’t do the same with body care products? After all, our skin is our largest organ!
Think of it like this: you care deeply about the food you put in your body. You want to ensure it’s healthy, it’s safe and that it can nourish you. Now consider putting the same effort into the products you put on your body. High quality skincare ingredients can have a positive impact on your skin’s overall health, helping to protect it from the elements like sun and wind and environmental stressors like pollution and can help fight the signs of premature aging like spots and wrinkles.
We’re on a mission to make people care deeply about taking excellent care of their skin from head to toe. Read on to learn more about the products we use regularly in our personal care routines.
BODY CARE PRODUCTS TO WASH WITH IN THE BATH OR SHOWER
Options, options, options! They say variety is the spice of life, so why should it be any different when it comes to your options for body care cleansers? As it turns out, people can be very particular about the format of products they use to cleanse and freshen the body in the bath or shower, which is why we are here to share information about three different types of cleansing products you can choose from:
1. Traditional bar soap. The thing is, bar soap has come a long way. It’s not all the super drying, skin-irritating, tight-feeling white gloopy bar in the corner of the bathtub-type soap. At Saje we double mill our bar soaps which means that each bar goes through a second processing that allows it to become harder, last longer and become gentler on the skin as all the lye required to make soap is evaporated. Our favorite bar soap? Liquid Sunshine, a citrusy and awakening blend of lemongrass and tangerine.
2. Body wash. We know that many people love the frothy and sudsy cleansing feeling of a body wash in the bath or shower, which is why we offer four different varieties of gel-textured wash to choose from. We use a plant-based ingredient called decyl glucoside because of its mildness, how much foam and lather it produces and most importantly because it’s fully biodegradable. The one we reach for most often? Peaceful Warrior, an earthy and herbal blend of patchouli, fennel, sandalwood and lime.
2. Jute & Joy. You might be asking yourself, what the heck is a Jute & Joy? It’s a soap-filled wash pad made from an environmentally friendly plant material called jute that not only cleanses the body with 100% natural soap, it also provides stimulation and invigoration by gently exfoliating the body as it cleanses. A cult-classic product at Saje, our best-seller is a refreshing, uplifting blend called Tingle Mint, made with essential oils of peppermint, tea tree, rosemary and spearmint.
BODY CARE PRODUCTS TO HYDRATE THE SKIN
To hydrate the skin, we’re going to begin with the most recognizable moisture-providing product which is body lotion. Lotions are water-based and have a higher water content that allows for their viscosity (or thickness) to be slightly thinner which creates easy spreadability for application to the body. When applied, particularly to damp skin, body lotion helps the skin retain moisture, softens and smoothes rough patches and can provide a pleasant aromatic experience. Two body lotions we love:
If you’re fond of a lotion that feels stimulating and refreshing, we suggest staying in the Tingle Mint family of products we mentioned earlier, formulated with aloe vera leaf juice, sunflower seed oil and the same uplifting combination of essential oils for skin that feels soft and hydrated as well as revitalized.
If you lean more towards a preference for something light and floral, you will love our Goddess body lotion, formulated with a sweet, mild and flowery scent from essential oils like geranium, ylang ylang, rose, orange and neroli. Apply liberally as an all-over body hydrator for skin that feels supple and smells heavenly.
BODY CARE PRODUCTS TO PROVIDE EVEN DEEPER HYDRATION TO THE SKIN
The sister product to body lotion, body butter is made with a lower concentration of water to allow for a product this is richer, thicker and more deeply quenching for skin that is particularly parched or dehydrated. Body butter is a great option for anyone who identifies as having dry or mature skin, during the chillier winter months and any time you’re looking for a deeply nutritive boost for the skin.
All our body butters are blended with three different base butters: mango seed, cocoa seed and shea. Mango seed butter is high in vitamins E and C and can help protect your skin from environmental damage from sunlight and pollution, cocoa seed butter contains a high amount of fatty acids to help protect your skin’s barrier and lock in moisture and shea butter softens, conditions, tones and soothes the skin.
Our favs? Earthy, sweet, floral and grounding Yoga, made with essential oils of patchouli, orange, neroli, cedarwood and vetiver, and Muscle Melt, made with essential oils of sweet birch, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary and marjoram.
BODY CARE PRODUCTS FOR A QUICK, HYDRATING REFRESHER
When you need a boost of hydration during the day or on the go, mist is a great way to quench the skin’s thirst. Water-based, these products contain different essential oils that are formulated to provide nourishment to the skin as well as encourage a positive sensory experience.
Our #1 go-to all year long is Rose Mist. There is so much to say about rose as the queen of all flowers. Highly regarded in aromatherapy for the way it helps to nourish dry or dehydrated skin, rose is also highly sought-after for the emotional benefits it provides. A few spritzes of Rose Mist over the hair, face and body can help you to feel balanced, emotionally uplifted, grounded and at peace.
You’ll also find that mists can pull double-duty by acting as a fabric and textile refresher. We love to spray Lavender Mist over the hair, face and body, breathe deeply for its calming and peaceful benefits, and then mist generously over our pillows and sheets before crawling into bed each night for the soothing and relaxing properties it offers.
BODY CARE PRODUCTS TO KEEP YOU FEELING FRESH ALL DAY
Here at Saje, we’re big fans of natural deodorants. We like choosing formulas that are free of synthetics, don’t include the use of aluminum zirconium or aluminum chlorohydrate and that help us stay feeling fresh and odor free all day long.
Our cult-favorite spray deodorants are made of a base of water and liquid mineral salts. These naturally occurring salts are formed on rock post-volcanic eruption (how cool is that?!) and act as an odor-neutralizer in the formula. We then blend a series of essential oils to create unique, gender-neutral and inclusive formulas that anyone can enjoy. Bonus? Our spray deodorants won’t clog pores or stain your clothes.
Peaceful Warrior is an earthy, herbal and fresh blend of lime, ho wood, patchouli, fennel, sandalwood and vetiver.
Exotic is a floral, woody and herbaceous blend of palmarosa, lavender, ylang ylang, balsam peru and patchouli.
Goddess: the newest scent to join our natural spray deodorant collection, Goddess is a sweet, floral and citrusy blend of orange, lime, geranium, neroli and rose.
LIFESTYLE TIPS FOR INCORPORATING BODY CARE PRODUCTS INTO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
While our collection of body care products is vast and varied, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when choosing which products you think make sense for you and your lifestyle. As with skincare (and many other areas of life, like nutrition, sleep, exercise etc.), consistency is the key to seeing results. Here are a few tips to help you select the right-for-you body care products you’ll look forward to using each day:
- Don’t jump on the bandwagon. Just because a product is popular on social media doesn’t mean it’s going to be the right one for you. Pay attention to ingredients, formulation type, skin care types the product is recommended for and choose accordingly.
- Let your nose lead you. One of the main reasons people report ceasing regular use of skin and body care products is because they don’t enjoy the way they smell. Scent is personal and we all have preferences. Whenever possible, smell a product before you purchase and at the very least review the ingredients to ensure it matches what you’re looking for.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new! Just because you don’t have extremely dry skin doesn’t mean you can’t use body butter, especially in the winter. Who’s to say that massage oil can’t be body lotion? Why not try bar soap again and see whether your skin enjoys both cleansing and hydration? The quality of body care products has come a long way in recent years, and you’ll never know if something is right for you unless you’re willing to give it a try.
Look after yourself from within, and your beauty will shine through on your skin.
— Shanina Shaik