Which Essential Oils to Choose When You're Pregnant
Safely support your journey towards parenthood with 100% natural essential oils.
Essential oils: they connect us with the healing power of plants, support our overall wellness and, for many of us, are an integral part of how we feel good every day. But are they safe to use when you’re pregnant? Taking care of your body is one thing, but there’s at least one more thing to think about when you’re expecting: the health of your baby.
Just like you, we want the best for you and your growing family. We also understand the comfort that maintaining familiar routines can bring. This is a time of big, exciting change for you, and we want you to know how you can continue to benefit from essential oils while you’re pregnant.
Here are our top tips on how to keep the essential oil-based wellness flowing throughout your pregnancy, while keeping you and baby as safe as possible.
TALK TO THE PROFESSIONALS
There’s so much information out there about what you should — and shouldn’t — eat, drink and put on your body while pregnant. We believe that you and your health care providers are the ultimate dream team when it comes to creating a wellness plan that works best for your body. They’ll have have solid advice about what foods and over-the-counter drugs to avoid, and can help you decide whether using essential oils is going to benefit you and your baby.
READ THE LABELS
Now’s the time to read the fine print — on labels, that is. Look closely at what is listed on the labels of all our products, especially the safety precautions. The information you’ll find on all product labels is enforced by the federal government and is there to help you make informed decisions for your family’s health. Products that are not safe for pregnancy will have a warning clearly indicated on the label. If you’re not sure, and for more peace of mind, take any product (including ours) to your doctor for advice before using it.
Essential oils are powerful, and accessing their benefits while pregnant is best done mindfully and with trusted medical advice in hand. The information below is intended to give you and your health care team a solid starting place to determine if essential oils are going to enhance your wellness during pregnancy. Take this post, along with your favourite Saje products, to your next doctor’s appointment to determine the best way forward.
PRODUCTS THAT ARE SAFE WHILE PREGNANT
These Saje products are blended with only essential oils that are considered safe for use while pregnant. As a bonus, some of these can be used with baby once they reach three months of age! Read our guide to using essential oils around babies and young kids for more details.
- Ultrasonic diffusers with 1-5 drops of a pregnancy-safe diffuser blend: try uplifting Citrus Dream or grounding Spa Spirit.
- Mists like Jasmine, Goddess and Rose can be misted on the body, in your environment and on your bedding to add a comforting, balancing effect to the air you breathe.
- Sentiva Lotion and Jojoba Oil are soothing ways to rehydrate skin using 100% natural ingredients.
- Cleanse your face and body with one of these gentle bar soaps: Sweet Comfort, Parisian Garden, Get Grounded or Skin Soother.If you prefer a body wash, try Vanilla Bliss with nourishing aloe vera and coconut.
- Mother’s Wellness Soothing Blend is blended with calming lavender and soothing chamomile relax the mind and body, while earthy ho wood, soothing chamomile, and uplifting grapefruit help give you a natural boost.
- Mother’s Wellness Hydrating Massage Oil helps to preserve skin’s elasticity before, during and after pregnancy. Regular use keeps the skin moisturized and supple and helps prevent the formation of stretch marks. Top tip: this supportive blend can be used any time, whether you’re expecting or not.
- You can also soothe your growing bump with the blend of aloe, coconut oil and vitamin E in our Vitamin Ease Stretch Mark Minimizing Cream. Use this vegan moisturizer to keep you glowing throughout your pregnancy, and after.
- Add a Konjac Sponge to your cleansing and moisturizing routine for added soothing, smoothing and exfoliation.
- Keep odours at bay the natural way with our Au Natural Crystal Deodorant.
- Around the home, use products like Kitchen Cleanse, No Sweat or Airoma Room to naturally freshen all your favourite spaces. Our Liquid Sunshine candle and foaming hand soap are also perfectly safe during pregnancy.
PRODUCTS TO AVOID WHILE PREGNANT
Basically, if it’s not on the list above of what’s safe to use, we recommend avoiding it until after your little one arrives. That way, you can make sure you are taking care of your wellness, and the wellness of your little one, in the safest way possible.
Again, this information is only a guide. Supporting your wellness with essential oils during pregnancy can be valuable, but getting the green light from your health care team first is priceless. However you choose to support your wellness, we wish you the best in this new chapter of your life.
We’re always available to connect and continue the conversation. Give us a call or text us at 1 (877) ASK-SAJE (1-877-275-7253), send us a live chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is here to help.