Introducing Mother Earth: plant-based, sustainably sourced diffuser blends
Diffuser blends inspired by spending time outdoors, experiences in nature and connecting to our roots
OUR BRAND NEW COLLECTION OF DIFFUSER BLENDS PAYING HOMAGE TO THE EARTH
Just in time for Earth Month, we’re launching one of the product collections we’re most excited about this year, the Mother Earth diffuser blend collection. This kit contains three brand new, never-before-seen diffuser blends that have been inspired by the fresh, rustic, lush and tantalizing scents of the great outdoors. In celebration of plant-based and earth-friendly ingredients, this limited-edition collection will be available throughout the month of April to pay homage to our home, Mother Earth.
Inside of this collection you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the fragrant notes of many different essential oils sourced from around the world, including a couple grown right here where we call home in Canada. We’re excited to share more about what’s inside this special collection, so read on to learn more!
WHAT INSPIRED THE MOTHER EARTH DIFFUSER BLEND COLLECTION?
While each blend in the Mother Earth collection is unique in aroma, you’ll note that these don’t fall into ‘typical’ scent categories for essential oils, like woody, floral or citrus. Instead, inspired by the complexity of nature and the countless thousands of plants, flowers, trees and shrubs we are fortunate to experience, we formulated these blends to represent some of the earth’s most important elements. We created blends that offer characteristics, aromas, elements and experiences from these environmental spheres of wellness – Sky, Earth and Sea.
Let’s take a closer look at these blends and their ingredients.
OFFERING US THE LIGHT, THE DARK AND THE AIR WE BREATHE
The first blend in the Mother Earth diffuser blend collection is called SKY. Imagine this: close your eyes, still your mind and take the deepest breath you’ve taken all day. Think of the air and the many aromas it carries to our noses from nature each day; delicate flower blooms emerging from the soil in the springtime and the ripening of sweet citrus fruit or fresh cut grass in the summer, to name a few.
This blend was formulated to encourage self-love, deep relaxation and renewal of the spirit by fostering a closer connection with the atmosphere.
Inside Sky, you’ll find the following essential oils:
Red Mandarin essential oil: the sweetest of all citrus oils, this fresh and soothing oil is uplifting to the senses. Inspired by the ripening of fresh fruit in the summertime.
Rose essential oil: rich, rosy and floral, this harmonizing oil helps to open the heart, soothe difficult feelings and restore comfort to the body and mind. Inspired by fresh, rosy blooms in a flower garden.
Goldenrod essential oil: sourced in our home country of Canada, this oil is herbal and earthy, eases symptoms of stress and helps to release emotional blocks. Inspired by the freshness of new herbs in the springtime.
This revitalizing blend also includes ho wood and clary sage.
THE FIRMNESS UNDER OUR FEET WHICH INSPIRES SAFETY, SECURITY AND STEADINESS
The next blend we’re sharing today has been called EARTH. Experiencing the firmness of the earth beneath our feet, providing stability and a solid, trusted foundation is akin to the awareness of the way we seek trust and confidence in our own lives. The earth offers us the most majestic sights we will ever see, from the mountains to the forests, to the sea and to the sky.
This blend was formulated to support us in planting our roots firmly in the fertile soil of our dreams, hopes and imagination, ready to help quell our fears and propel us to our destiny.
Inside Earth, you’ll find the following essential oils:
Balsam Fir essential oil: fresh and woody, this oil is mentally and physically soothing and promotes relaxation. Inspired by the large, abundant coniferous trees that provide shelter and protection for many creatures in the forest.
Vetiver essential oil: rich and earthy, grounding and centering, vetiver is supportive of inner wisdom. Inspired by the feeling of being deeply rooted and in connection.
Labdanum (Rock Rose) essential oil: amber, sweet, dry-musk and woody, this new-to-Saje essential oil is both calming and centering, thought to provide emotional comfort during turbulent times. Inspired by the complexity of the human experience and bringing visualizations to life in celebration of our time on earth.
This grounding blend also includes juniper berry and patchouli.
SUSTAINABILITY STORY: BALSAM FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
- Derived from the needles and branches of the mighty balsam fir tree, this rich and evergreen essential oil is sourced right here in our home in Canada. Harvesters maintain the health and wellness of the trees by trimming the low branches so that smaller fir trees have better access to the sun and can continue to branch out as they mature and grow.
- This process is called thinning; these trimmed branches are then gathered and brought to the distillery where they are chipped.
- Chipping is an important part of the process as this provides the most biomass, which yields the most aromatic oil, and it helps the Team move all the plant matter into the stills used for distillation.
- If thinning of the balsam fir was not practiced, much of its biomass would accumulate on the forest floor, which has the possibility of leading to larger forest fires.
OH, BUT YOU ARE VAST
The third and final blend included in the Mother Earth collection is called SEA. We’re grateful every day for the expansiveness of the oceans, the depths of the rivers, the majestic beauty of the lakes. The breathtaking bodies of water that adorn the earth remind us that life really can be like a day at the beach.
This blend was formulated to inspire the release of what no longer serves you; when you desire purification and renewal through immersion in the hydrosphere.
Inside Sea, you’ll find the following essential oils:
Eucalyptus essential oil: this popular oil is herbal, fresh, renewing and cleansing of negative energies. Inspired by newness, fresh starts and those looking to explore new horizons.
Tea Tree essential oil: camphorous, bittersweet, cooling and cleansing, tea tree is thought to invigorate both the heart and mind. Inspired by its strength and uplifting spirit to inspire confidence.
Sweet Birch essential oil: warm, sharp and camphorous, sweet birch helps you to feel supported and in connection. Inspired by the cooling feeling of the ocean, reminding us to release and let go.
This cleansing blend also includes peppermint, spearmint and ylang ylang.
SUSTAINABILITY STORY: PEPPERMINT & SPEARMINT ESSENTIAL OILS
- Derived from the leaves of the plants, our spearmint and peppermint come to us from a family owned and operated distillery in the USA that began in 1945; the family distillery has worked tirelessly to create relationships with more than 250 mint farmers throughout the USA during this time.
- Our partners in obtaining mint essential oils remain the only family-owned business in the USA that is 100% dedicated to mint oils.
- The life cycle of a mint plant is on average 4-5 years, at which time the roots are replanted in a new field with fresh soil. Harvest season for mint is typically late July through mid-September.
- All the residual plant material from the distillation process is composted, which means that no waste is left behind.
DISCOVER THESE SUSTAINABLY SOURCED DIFFUSER BLENDS FOR YOURSELF
In honor of Earth Month, we hope you have the opportunity to experience the precious essential oils blends in our Mother Earth diffuser blend collection for yourself.
Everyone is part of a connected cosmic system. Part earth and sea, wind and fire, with some salt and dust swimming in them. We have a universe within ourselves that mimics the universe outside.
— Suzy Kassem, ‘Rise Up and Salute the Sun’