Your New Favorite? Lemon Essential Oil
This bright & zesty essential oil has more uses than you know.
DISCOVER THE VERSATILITY OF LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
When you think of the bright, zesty scent of lemon, you might be reminded of chilled lemonade on a hot summer day or a slice of lemon in hot water to start your morning. What you may not think about, initially, is lemon as a versatile and effective addition to your year-round wellness routine, helping to maintain everything from boosted energy levels to fresh and crisp, odor-neutral home spaces. Lemon is part of the Rutaceae family of flowering citrus plants, and the essential oil is extracted from the peel of the fruit. The peel, or rind, contains tiny sacs bursting with essential oils that are extracted through a method called cold expression. Read on to learn more about our favorite ways to incorporate this citrusy oil into your life.
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL TO RELIEVE SLUGGISHNESS & TO BOOST ENERGY LEVELS
Lemon, known to be fruity and fizzy, can help provide a natural boost to energy levels. Because lemon essential oil is a top note, this means it’s a fresh and light note that your nose recognizes quickly when smelling a new product. Renowned Aromatherapist Valerie Worwood shares the following in her book “The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy” 1 in regards to burnout, fatigue and how to use essential oils to boost energy levels naturally: “Burnout is exactly what it sounds like, only instead of referring to an energy source that burns fast and furiously until nothing is left, it’s referring to that energy source - you”. Therefore, “it is vital to build up your energy stores to avoid exhaustion”.
- Energy roll-on - invigorate and revitalize the body and mind with this natural pick-me-up, blended with peppermint, basil and rosemary
- Deep Breath diffuser blend - breathe deeply, invigorate your senses and feel renewed with this blend of eucalyptus, marjoram and lavender
- Cleanse roll-on - hit the reset button by encouraging your body and mind to feel fortified and stimulated with a blend of fennel, juniper berry and peppermint
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL TO DEODORIZE, NEUTRALIZE ODOR & REFRESH YOUR SPACE
Dr. Eric Zielinski is a proponent of lemon essential oil for a variety of uses in the home. In his book “The Healing Power of Essential Oils” 2, he says “nearly 700 studies have examined lemon essential oil, exploring dozens of traditional uses. Its most prominent component, d-limonene, is likely the key to its potency”. He goes on to share that lemon is an excellent addition to any cleaning product preparations, which is why it is excellent at helping to deodorize and neutralize odors in the home.
Products to consider:
- Fresh Air room spray - a cleansing and renewing blend of tea tree, lemon and pine that can be misted to refresh the air in your home, or over fabrics and bedding to help gently release odors
- Fortified Breeze diffuser blend - freshen your space with this renewing blend of eucalyptus, myrtle and white thyme
- Refresh diffuser blend - this lively and invigorating blend will also help to neutralize odor, formulated with lavender, spearmint and cedarwood
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY & BOOST YOUR MOOD, NATURALLY
In her book “The Essential Guide to Oils” 3, author Jennie Harding refers to lemon as a “cure-all”, that is highly regarded for its properties in helping to lift dark moods and renew a zest for life. At Saje, you’ll find lemon included in many of the blends we formulate to help boost your mood and provide a sunny disposition. Lemon blends particularly well with other zesty citrus oils, like orange, grapefruit and bergamot.
Products to consider:
- Lemon - 100% pure essential oil that can be added to a diffuser, or to one of your existing favorite diffuser blends to help infuse an extra kick of citrus-freshness
- Elevate diffuser blend - a cheerful and enlivening blend to help lift your spirits, also formulated with lemongrass, orange and a lesser-known citrus essential oil called yuzu
- Citrus Dream diffuser blend - a sweet and revitalizing citrus-floral blend to provide natural energy and a positive attitude, also formulated with neroli, orange and grapefruit
nearly 700 studies have examined lemon essential oil, exploring dozens of traditional uses
- Worwood, V. A. (2016). The complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy: over 800 natural, nontoxic, and fragrant recipes to create health, beauty, and safe home and work environments. Novato, CA: New World Library.
- Zielinski, E. (2018). The healing power of essential oils. New York: Harmony Books.
- Harding, J. (2013). The Essential Guide to Oils: all the healing oils you will ever need for well-being and vitality. London: Watkins Publishing, lemon.