Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our expanding number of experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Saje Natural Wellness is looking for an awesome Purchaser who will support the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of components and finished goods inventory for Saje. You’ll work closely with the Demand Planning team to ensure that stock levels are maintained, to best support our retail stores.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager and Demand Planning Team to order components and finished goods inventory and to ensure that appropriate stock levels are maintained at all levels of the company
- Ensure all regular product purchase orders are placed with suppliers with appropriate lead times to allow for production and forwarding of components and finished goods
- Review master planning and place purchase orders
- Continually follow up with vendors to ensure they are meeting the delivery requirements for all items
- Develop vendor relationships and maintain excellent working relationship with suppliers
- Identify issues/gaps in vendor performance and escalate to leadership for resolution, if necessary
- Follow up on quality issues & work with QA to ensure suppliers appropriately credit the company for all damaged or defective goods in a timely manner
- Ensure suppliers conform to all aspects of the terms & conditions and supplier code of conduct
- Ensure accurate inventory is maintained at all off-site manufacturing facilities
- Provide timely responses to all vendors, stores, office and courier queries
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience as a Purchaser or Buyer with experice with BOM and MRP
- Extremely accurate with excellent attention to detail (sku#, costing, optimal order quantity)
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills (recommending resolution and follow-up)
- Ability to adapt to new process flows and change management systems
- Ability to prioritize orders, plan, organize and multitask and work independently
- Great people, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Dynamics would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Excel) and familiarity with deep understanding of MRP and BOM
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager