Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our expanding number of experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and with awesome growth we are looking for A-players to join our team who are enthusiastic about natural wellness and want to share this passion with the world!
Our culture is sacred to us. We have built an environment that fosters people, wellness and of course awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Do you have a passion for all things people? Do you strive to break the mould of HR and do things differently? Are you an awesome recruiter of A-Player talent? If so, then keep reading: this might well be your #dreamjob!
Saje is looking for an A-Player HR Business Partner supporting our Retail teams to join our People Team and be based out of New York City. This role will touch all facets of HR including Recruitment, Advisory, Policy, Benefits, On-boarding, Compensation and Strategy. Reporting to the VP, People, this opportunity is one that will put you at the helm of driving culture across Saje.
- Developing innovative, creative and proactive recruitment/sourcing strategies to develop high quality active and passive candidate pipelines, including:
- Developing an optimal candidate experience programs for our retail teams
- Leading talent planning and follow-up meetings with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting
- Assisting with both external and internal hiring efforts (talent succession planning)
- Managing and coordinating the talent acquisition process and lifecycle, including job description writing, initial assessments, interviews, offers and on-boarding
- Providing people and talent advisory services across business lines at Saje, including:
- Creating retention strategies with our District Retail Leaders
- Developing and implementing People Policies
- Identifying gaps and opportunities for People Development
- Managing on-boarding and exit procedures
- Leading team member engagement surveys
- Developing People & HR analytics
- Partnering with the Saje Learning Team to develop ongoing People learning programs including:
- Succession planning for our retail teams
- Culture workshops and professional growth
- Creating leadership tools for our retail leadership team
- 5+ years in a progressive people advisory role in a retail environment within the USA
- Proven, progressive high-volume recruitment experience in retail
- Post-secondary education in HR or business-related discipline
- CHRP designation or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a high pressure, fast paced, and detailed oriented environment - you can set your own deadlines and meet them
- Experience in retail or start-up environment is preferred
- Experience in cross-departmental collaboration
- Ambitious, self-motivated, high energy and likes to have fun
- Strong communicator and very organized
- Quick to solve problems with a positive can-do attitude, with a good dose of common sense
- Ability to juggle many tasks quickly while adapting to new situations
- Strong influencing skills and good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic, able to meet challenging and changing deadlines
- Ability to manage and coordinate cross-functional projects
- Experience in developing recruitment strategies for new markets outside
- Demonstrated business professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Passionate about natural wellness
- Ability to travel across Canada and the United States
Reporting to the VP, People