Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our expanding number of experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Do you love using analysis to driving decision making across the business? Are you excited about reviewing the entire business, and partnering with senior leaders across the organization to make informed decisions to drive the business forward? If so, we might have a role for you…
As a key member of the Finance department, the Sr Director of FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) is responsible for providing financial leadership to drive business results and operating efficiencies. Reporting to the CFO, the Sr Director of FP&A will be responsible for delivering information that critically impacts the business and influences business decisions. Supervising a teamf of 3 finance professionals, this position provides an opportunity for an established, broad-based finance executive to join the Company at a point where its finance team becomes more strategic in its support of the Company's future growth plans and profitability journey. The core FP&A responsibilities will ensure that he/she will have an umbrella view of the businesses and will quickly develop close relationships with the entire leadership team.
You will support the entire business, from top to bottom of the P&L. You will also be responsible for owning our long-term projections, helping Saje achieve our BHAG! Saje is in a mission to spread wellness globally; you will support on that journey of growth and profitability!
- Manage 3 finance professionals, driving a strong team culture focused on wellness, respect and driving for results while coaching and making them grow professionally
- Identify, analyze, and monitor areas that could impact company profitability, growth, productivity and sustainability
- Lead cross-functional strategic growth and profitability initiatives to drive value for the business
- Lead long range business planning including development of dynamic financial models and submissions to the CFO
- Own all cash planning activities in partnership with the accounting team
- Prepare Management presentation materials and other formal financial materials. Develop clear and informative methods of presenting financial data
- Drive annual financial budgeting process to ensure it is linked with long term strategy and overall business goals
- Drive effective monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting process including cash flow forecasting
- Partner closely with the accounting team on monthly close to ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly financials
- Full ownership of monthly management financials and provide accurate financial information to senior management on a timely basis
- Proactively support Sales and Marketing teams with robust strategic analysis to support decision-making on driving growth and profitability
- Provide analytical support to senior management and sales team on pricing initiatives across product lines
- Lead special projects as designed and defined by the CFO and Executive Team
- Participate as financial representative on project teams
- Own the long-term financial model, supporting the executive team to build our long-term vision
- Build and elevate management reporting for the business across various stakeholders
- Financial modeling and analysis to support key business decisions
- Support consolidated financial reporting requirements and quarter end deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline. MBA a plus 10 years + experience of progressive financial analysis in a fast pace business environment; retail or consumer products industry experience is highly preferred
- Experience within Supply Chain and understanding of retail logistics operations in North America (Canada and US) a strong plus
- Warehouse KPIs and manufacturing exposure a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills; able to translate the impact of analysis to the business
- Excellent Excel skills (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- Detail-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about natural wellness
- Creative and positive approach (outside-of-the-box thinker)
- Ability to step back and look at the bigger picture while at the same time understanding the details and having a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Can-be-done attitude
Reporting to the CFO, Financial Planning & Analysis Team, Leadership Team, Executive Team