Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our 71 experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Saje is looking for an A-Player Director of Distribution to execute critical business strategies in key areas of the business, including productivity, performance management and safety program adherence. Reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer, you will work to foster and maintain an environment that is aligned with Saje’s mission of connecting people with the healing power of plants.
- Develop distribution strategies and systems to support the company’s growth objectives.
- Implement best practices, benchmarks and KPI’s to improve operational efficiencies in Warehousing, Storage, Retail & Online Fulfillment and Distribution.
- Maintain and further develop the existing distribution risk management strategy and design distribution operations to ensure visibility.
- Optimize the distribution network with goals of reducing costs, reducing lead times and increasing reliability.
- Examine business trends and markets to ensure that the company is receiving the greatest value for its services without sacrificing delivery schedules or quality.
- Identify and manage contingency plans to ensure that retail and online community members do not experience interruptions in service.
- Further develop distribution & retail relationship by ensuring retail feedback is evaluated to implement process improvements to drive Outrageous service.
- Participate in Supply Chain budget development and manage costs within those budgets, specifically relating to Warehousing, Storage, Retail & Online Fulfillment, & Distribution.
- Work with Directors on the Leadership Team to develop cross functional solutions for strategic organizational challenges.
- Work with the Director of Procurement, the Director of Demand Planning and the Supply Chain teams to ensure appropriate stock levels of finished goods inventory to maintain a minimum 95% order fulfillment rate on the top 100 products, while maintaining healthy inventory turn rates and meeting company inventory goals.
- Provide recommendations for procedural improvements in the areas of planning, ordering, assembly, freight-forwarding, and inventory maintenance in the Compass System.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the procurement and building of the inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or a related field, plus 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading new and complex supply chain projects across multiple geographies and developing new strategies in new geographies.
- Demonstrate a clear passion for growth and development.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate.
- Superior experience in managing diverse skill sets and large-scale teams.
- Ability to maintain flexibility & adaptiveness while being able to manage detail, be proactive, resolve conflict and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship builder and collaborator with awesome people, interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in new supply chain management software implementation an asset.
- Prior experience working with an expanding international retail organization an asset.
Reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO)