Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our expanding number of experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Saje Natural Wellness is seeking a Director of Retail Learning & Development to join our growing team! We value growth and people development and this role will inspire others to continuously grow and develop. As the Director of Retail Learning & Development, you will be responsible for developing and driving an effective retail learning and development strategy that supports the ongoing growth of our people, aligns with business objectives, drives outrageous customer service and strengthens our culture.
- Key Result Areas
- Conduct a global retail org needs assessments to determine gaps and identify the learning and development journey for key retail leadership roles
- Develop learning and development programs, processes and systems to enhance the in store experience with a focus on functional training and leadership development, and all aspects of the Talent Management Cycle
- With the VP, Retail and VP, People, establish a short and long term learning and development strategy and roadmap, including alignment on the principles of education at Saje Wellness, including identifying objectives and measurements of success
- Establish a learning and development team through attracting and recruiting top talent, organizational design and effective onboarding and training
- Lead the development of content and internal communications for the approved learning and development strategy
- Execute the learning and development strategy as planned
- Evaluate learning and talent development program effectiveness with quantitative and qualitative key metrics and share insights for continued content direction and revision
- Other Responsibilities
- Transform strategic direction from executives into learning solutions across the retail org
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Conduct needs assessments to determine gaps and identify learning and development programs, processes and systems to enhance organization effectiveness, leadership development, performance management, team development and individual capabilities
- Responsible for leading the team that designs, develops and executes all training related to the foundations of Saje Wellness
- Demonstrate a proven understanding of retail operations and the needs associated with running world class retail stores
- Ensures that all retail training materials are being developed to support the growth, brand, culture and experience within our stores
- Accountable for ensuring that store-specific as well as district-based training programs are being delivered according to training needs
- Leads selection of learning technology platforms that enhance program delivery, provide performance support and meet a variety of program needs
- Creates training that scalable and is delivered through various channels including in person, online, webinars, videos, and train the trainer for delivery of training in our markets
- Leverages proven methods for developing high-performing teams and individuals
- Evaluates learning and talent development program effectiveness with quantitative and qualitative key metrics and share insights with key stakeholders
- Understands the external environment and the relevant business strategic agenda and ensures that the training strategies directly support this agenda across all departments
- Demonstrates thought leadership in area of expertise, building understanding of the connections between individual, team and organizational learning and business performance
- Establish functional objectives and work plans based on company intentions
- Recommend changes to critical policies and establish new processes
- Accountable for all forecasting and management of the training budget
- 5+ years in a progressive organizational learning and development strategy role within a fast-growing retail environment
- Ability to complete business needs assessments and design training programs aligned with the needs of the business
- A proven and inspirational leader who knows how to get results through their team and cross-functional relationships
- Strategic planner with strong forecasting abilities and budget management
- Ability to evaluate learning and talent development program effectiveness with both qualitative and quantitative key metrics and communicate this insight
- High energy with awesome people, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and multitask, with excellent attention to detail
Reporting to the VP, People
Works in close partnership with the VP, People