Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our expanding number of experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
#SajeNation is growing and we are looking for a Junior Purchaser to join the team. You will support the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of components and finished goods inventory for Saje, including material supplies. You’ll work closely with the Demand Planning and Product Development team to ensure that stock levels are maintained, to best support our retail stores.
- Work with Product team and Demand Planning team to ensure all regular product purchase orders are placed with suppliers with appropriate lead times to allow for production and forwarding of components and finished goods
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with suppliers
- Identify issues/gaps in vendor performance and escalate to leadership for resolution, if necessary
- Ensures vendors are meeting the needs of the company with competitive rates and a high level of service
- Ensure Saje's purchasing procedures and standards are met
- Ensure suppliers appropriately credit the company for all damaged or defective goods
- Follow up on quality issues & work with QA to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain ERP system to ensure purchase orders have been created correctly and are continuously updated to reflect real time information
- Conduct two physical counts per year at off-site manufacturing facilities and ensure accurate inventory is maintained at all off-site manufacturing facilities
- Provide timely responses to all vendor, store, office and courier queries
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, specifically in purchasing
- Extremely accurate with excellent attention to detail (costing, optimal order quantity, and revise PO's as required)
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize orders
- Great multi-tasker and can work independently
- Great people, interpersonal and communication skills (participation in meetings and staff training)
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills (recommending resolution and follow-up)
- Ability to adapt to new process flows and change management systems
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Excel) and familiarity with internal ERP system
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager