Last updated: January 31 2022
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
Saje collects information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you:
- Register for an account or create a profile with Saje;
- Sign up to receive Saje’s email newsletters or coupons or refer a friend to Saje;
- Register for a personal shopping appointment or register for any of our events;
- Apply for a job with Saje;
- Purchase any product or service from Saje;
- Submit a product review, provide product feedback or make other submissions to Saje;
- Request information or assistance from Saje, whether by email or other form of communication;
- Participate or respond to consumer surveys or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Saje’s products and services;
- Communicate with Saje via a third-party platform, such as tagging us in a social media post;
- Participate in contests and other promotions; and
- Use other features of the Services that may be offered from time to time and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
The personal information that Saje may collect directly from you may include your name, username, password, email address, birth month and day, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other information that you choose to provide. If you apply for a job with Saje, we will collect information including your resume, work and education history, and residency status. In some cases, we may also collect personal information of another individual that you provide to Saje, such as in connection with gift card purchases or our Refer a Friend program.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
Saje may also collect information automatically about your use of the Services.
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on the Services, such as the frequency of user visits, the routes by which users access the Services, activity within the Services, and use of any hyperlinks available on the Services.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: Like many websites, Saje utilizes “cookies” and similar technologies to maintain a record of your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. Cookies helps Saje to improve the Services, and to deliver more personalized experiences by enabling Saje to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Services.
- IP Addresses and Device Information: An IP address is a device's numeric address, by which it can be located within a network. Saje may record your IP address when you visit or use the Services. We may also collect other information about how you access the Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as the hardware model, operating system version, browser type, and other unique device identifiers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
Saje may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. We use this information to better understand your interests and for analytics purposes.
Like many websites, Saje utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites and your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. Cookies helps Saje to improve the Sites and Services, and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Saje to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites or use the Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Saje’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites or the Services.
INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Saje takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information in our control is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Saje’s collection of your information, Saje may use such information for the following purposes to:
- Develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
- Analyze trends and statistics on our Services, develop features and offerings, assess patterns of use, and plan and evaluate marketing initiatives;
- Establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions at the Stores and through the Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section above);
- Conduct and administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated;
- Contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- Troubleshoot problems with the Services;
- Customize and personalize your experience with Saje;
- Develop and manage Saje's business and operations;
- Detect and protect Saje and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Saje’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To comply with, any financial, legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Personal information collected by Saje may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and Canada.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by or on behalf of Saje may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and Canada. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Saje may disclose your personal information to our current and future subsidiaries or affiliates;
- We share information with vendors, service providers and consultant that need access to personal information to provide services on Saje’s behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about Saje’s products and services.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of the Services, this information may be visible to other visitors to the Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Saje our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt out of receiving promotional email communications from Saje, by means of a link provided in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you are a Canadian resident, this section applies to you.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Saje will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, Saje will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Saje may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you. If you believe that the personal information that Saje holds about you is not accurate or complete, you may write to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, Saje will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, Saje may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by Saje.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, shipping address, phone numbers, username, and IP address;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender, or, if you apply for a job with us, your residency status;
- Commercial information, such as information about products and services you have purchased, personal shopping appointments, and participation in our Healthy Rewards Program;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing and other activity on our website, and interactions with our advertisements and marketing emails;
- Audio or visual information, such as recordings of customer service phone calls, or photos you may share with us;
- Professional or employment information, such as your resume, if you apply for a job with Saje;
- Education information, such as the college you attended if you attended, if you apply for a job with Saje;
- Inferences, such as information about your location or product preferences; and
- Other personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number.
For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Your Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Your Personal Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, shipping and delivery partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, event partners, and other users (if you choose to share certain information, such as product reviews, publicly on our website)|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law||Survey partners, cloud service providers|
|Commercial information||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, shipping and delivery partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, and other users (if you choose to share certain information, such as product reviews, publicly on our website)|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, shipping and delivery partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, fraud prevention partners, and cloud service providers|
|Audio or visual information||Marketing partners, customer service partners, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers|
|Professional or employment information||Cloud service providers|
|Education information||Cloud service providers|
|Inferences||Marketing partners and data analytics providers|
|Other personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code||Payment processors|
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which, for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which Saje has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. We “sell” personal information for the commercial purposes of marketing and advertising our products to you. In the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, marketing partners|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Advertising networks, marketing partners|
You have the right to opt out of these sales at any time by visiting our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-877-275-7253. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information about a recent purchase. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State, we may ask you to verify your identity with us directly or confirm with us that the agent otherwise has your permission to submit the request on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please email us at email@example.com.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we provide discounts, special offers and other benefits to members of our Healthy Rewards Program and we may offer you a discount if you sign up for our email newsletters or participate in our Refer a Friend program. When you participate in the financial incentives we offer, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address and commercial information like your purchasing habits. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the instructions provided at sign-up, and you may opt-out of the incentive at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-877-275-7253. In some cases, additional terms and conditions may govern a financial incentive program, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the discount or benefit presented to you.