Since 1992, Saje Natural Wellness has been passionately helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. Our 500+ products are all 100% natural, and sold exclusively on our eCommerce channels and in our 71 experience-based retail locations throughout North America. Saje’s goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using ingredients sourced straight from nature.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. With this awesome growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, wellness-minded A-players to join our team and share in our passion for spreading wellness around the globe.
Come join a culture that fosters people, wellness, and of course, awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Saje Natural Wellness is adding an A-Player Purchaser to work with our Manufacturing Manager and Supply Planning Team to order components and finished goods inventory and to ensure that uninterrupted product supply and appropriate stock levels are maintained at all levels of the company.
- Work with cross-functional operation teams to implement and improve current cross-functional processes, with the objective of reducing overall Lead Time, improving cost and inventory health and optimizing vendor performance.
- Timely and accurate execution of all Procurement, Production and portfolio-related orders: Finished Goods, Components/Raw Materials and other related orders.
- Purchase orders for marketing initiatives, Promotions, Premiums, Seasonal and regular products, and new store openings are placed on time as per forecast provided by Product and Supply Planning Team.
- Review Order Plan and generate appropriate production and purchase orders within requested or necessary timelines to support uniterrupted product supply, reorting and trouble shoot any anomalies with Supply Chain Team Members.
- Meaure and track vendor performance against KPI's, providing vendor performance report card on a quarterly basis or as required.
- Follow up on quality issues & work with QA internally and with vendors to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, minimizing or eliminating impact on Finish Good delivery.
- Work with vendors and Saje distribution partners to ensure the accuracy of physical and system inventory for the assigned portfolios.
- Maintain accurate lead times to ensure purchase orders have been created correctly and are continuously updated.
- Regularly monitor cost of products via the Inventory Costs Changes Report to ensure that they have been accurately received and reflected in the system. Work with cross-functional teams on corrective action in the case of inaccuracy or misaligned information.
- Conduct daily or weekly reviews of Procurement PO's, Production PO's and so on to minitor and track on-time delivery to plan. Trouble shoot in the case of issues, escalating for resolution when necessary.
- Strong understanding of Procurement best practices and Supply Chain process flow systems.
- Experience with production process knowledge, and the ability to provide recommendations for procedural improvements in the areas of planning, inventory, and purchasing.
- Great people, interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective operations with merchandising, product, marketing, retail locations, and vendor order status.
- Data accuracy with excellent attention to detail (costing, optimal order quantity, and revise PO's as required).
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, plan and multitask with a sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills (recommending resolution and follow-up).
- Ability to adapt to new process flows and change management systems. Plan strategic goal setting of both short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the purchasing portfolio.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly excel) and experience with ERP systems – Microsoft Dynamics AX considered an asset.
- Has their SCMP designation or working towards it considered an asset.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager