Your 100% Natural Back To School Survival Kit
Go from surviving to thriving with these wellness heroes.
The products you need in your back to school survival kit
Is it that time of year already? The days are getting shorter and the crisp Fall weather is just around the corner. We’re trading beach days for cozy nights in and ice cream cones and sunsets for textbooks and earlier bedtimes. As fun as it is to wake up and go to sleep with the sun, our bodies love routine and there’s something to be said about making choices that help us feel our best morning to night.
Choosing products for your back to school survival kit
When considering building your personal back to school survival kit, we’ve put together an assortment of products we believe will help you and your family feel their best, no matter what the school year looks like. Taking care of yourself is as much a priority as having lunches prepped and prepared for the next day, so let’s explore some of our favorite plant-based ways to thrive this school year.
Back to school survival kit: products for stress
Stress comes in many forms, from physical symptoms like an upset stomach, headache or brain fog to emotional symptoms like irritability, feeling overwhelmed or unmotivated. Experts agree that some of the best ways we can manage stress include:
- Exercise. Getting regular, daily movement is one of the most impactful ways we can take care of our body and mind.
- Deep breathing. Taking conscious, mindful breaths is a tool we have available to us anytime we begin to feel tense or pent up.
- Talk it out. When we keep our difficult feelings inside, we cause ourselves anguish. Make time to confide in a trusted ally and allow others to support you.
Products we love to help keep stress at bay:
Stress Release diffuser blend: add 6-8 drops of this soothing, calming diffuser blend formulated with lavender, geranium and clary sage to your favorite diffuser and let the feelings of relief and relaxation whisk you away.
Unwind bath salt soak: these salts are blended with ultra-peaceful ingredients like bergamot, lavender and cinnamon to help both your body and mind begin to feel eased and soothed after a long day. Soak up to 30 minutes for optimal results.
Back to school survival kit: products for skin care
When we de-prioritize things like drinking enough water, moving our bodies and we choose less-than-healthy snacks or meals, one of the places we see this show up first is on our skin. Some of the best ways to keep our skin looking and feeling healthy:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals your body needs for optimal health. Eat the rainbow!
- Drink enough water each day. Ideally, you are aiming for about 2-3 litres per day, including replenishment after a workout or movement.
- Get enough good quality sleep. Our bodies do most of their repair as we sleep each night and this repair is necessary for our skin’s health, too.
Products we love for radiant skin:
Skin So Clean exfoliating cleanser: formulated without harsh abrasives, this gentle exfoliant is formulated with oats, rice and gentle essential oils like ylang ylang and neroli to help keep your skin soft and supple.
Rose mist this floral, nourishing mist can be used as a facial toner or sprayed over face and body for a refreshing and hydrating treat for the skin.
Back to school survival kit: products for relaxation
Making time to unwind, whether it’s a long conversation with a good friend, a chapter of your favorite book or a session on your meditation cushion is a vital part of each day and will help to keep you feeling refreshed and restored. Consider this:
- Listen to soothing music. Almost everyone has a ‘go-to’ favorite song or album that makes them feel instantly calmed and relaxed.
- Practice mindfulness. The goal of meditation is to be in the ‘now’, and focusing your attention on the present moment is an integral part of mindfulness.
- Try journaling. Many people find that getting their thoughts down on paper is a helpful way to lessen their ‘mental clutter’ and create space for peacefulness.
Products we love to bring about peace and calm:
Lavender mist: lavender is one of the most universally known and loved essential oils for deep relaxation. Mist generously over your face and body with eyes and mouth closed, and breathe in deeply for an instant experience of tranquility.
Daydream diffuser blend: formulated to encourage serenity and an experience of groundedness, this is blended with vetiver, rose geranium and patchouli to help set the stage for calm. Add 6-8 drops to a favorite diffuser to feel balanced.
Back to school survival kit: products for your nighttime routine
It’s hard to think of a way that sleep doesn’t impact our overall health and wellness. From digestion and mood to healthy skin and everything in between, sleep is the foundation for us when considering how we want to feel and show up for ourselves and for others. A list of reasons to prioritize our sleep:
- Aim for 7-9 hours of good quality, uninterrupted sleep each night. Very few people can function optimally on less than 7 hours of sleep consistently.
- Build a sleep schedule. Aim to be in bed and wake up at roughly the same time each day, even on the weekends! Our brains and bodies appreciate this consistency.
- Increase your efficiency and creativity. When the body and mind are well-rested, you’re more inclined to do your best work and feel like you’re making your best contributions personally and professionally.
Products we love for at bedtime:
Sleep Well roll-on: this deeply grounding roll-on is blended with essential oils of valerian, jasmine and lavender, reported to help you have a peaceful slumber. Try rolling onto your wrists, temples and the bottom of your feet about 30 minutes before you climb into bed.
Tranquility mist: this grounding and balancing mist is a peaceful way to set the tone for rest. Our favorite way to use it is to mist over our bedding and pillows, followed with a spritz above the head and a few deep breaths. Tranquil notes of lavender, marjoram and ylang ylang will help you drift into dreamland in no time.
Make this year’s back to school survival kit the one that helps you thrive
This year, feel your most prepared when curating your back to school survival kit. Choosing good-for-you and good-for-the-planet products is just one of the ways you can look ahead to the new school year with feelings of hopefulness and anticipation.
Here are some great tips from the Princeton Review for back to school survival tips, whether for you or your loved ones, to make this the best year yet.
- More than one study space can be helpful for making you feel motivated. Coffee shops, parks and even a move from the desk to the kitchen table can be good for us mentally.
- Keep track of things other than just homework. Remembering to pencil in extracurriculars like sports, books clubs and even time for socializing will ensure important dates aren’t missed.
- Create a distraction-free zone. Whether this means putting your phone on silent or leaving it out of the room altogether, you’ll be inclined to use your time wisely if you’re able to maximize concentration and minimize distractions.